How To Cook Frozen Dumplings In An Air Fryer Quickly?
Air fryers have a level of versatility that few other types of equipment can match. Roast veggies, cook poultry, hard boil eggs, and even prepare frozen food, such as these Air Fryer Dumplings. Frozen dumplings are air-fried to make them extra crispy while keeping the insides fresh and warm.
With the broad selection of frozen brands available, you may now enjoy dumplings at home. Several distinct names are given to dumplings. Dumplings, potstickers, gyoza, filled wontons, pierogies, or shumai will be the names given to them.
You could even classify ravioli and tortellini as dumplings. Dumplings are produced with a soft wheat flour and water mixture and filled with ground meat or fish, veggies, cheese, or a combination of the three. Rice flour dough is frequently used in gluten-free variations.
In only minutes, you’ll be able to create these frozen dumplings in an air fryer! This is the most excellent way to enjoy the various dumplings available in the frozen aisle: straight from your freezer to your air fryer.
Are Dumplings Good For You?
The type of dumpling you eat is determined by how healthy it is. Dumplings have a high carbohydrate content. However, the items crammed inside the filling are usually highly beneficial, containing protein and veggies.
As a general rule, restaurant dumplings are less nutritious than those purchased at the supermarket. So before making a purchase, read the nutritional labels!
Why Is This Recipe Effective?
Is there anything more delectable than a steaming dumpling slathered in soy sauce? Aside from egg rolls slathered in soy sauce, what else? You always let out a big MMmmm when you devour this savory delight at a Chinese restaurant or from a takeaway box at home.
If you have all of these fantastic, miraculous appliances in your kitchen (hello, Instant Pot Duo and Awesome Air Fryer! ), so let’s start thinking about how simple and tasty it would be to simplify this delicious meal.
So I ran home from the grocery shop down the road with a box of frozen dumplings (called potstickers) and tossed them into my trusty air fryer for a few minutes.
They will come out light golden brown and crispy, wholly cooked through, steaming, and ready to devour. Who’d have guessed?! Frozen dumplings cooked in the air fryer are DELICIOUS!
This is the simplest method to eat dumplings without having to use a pan or a deep fryer. So give this delectable delicacy a try if this is a favorite cuisine of yours!
Cooking Frozen Dumplings in a Variety of Ways
Cooking frozen dumplings can be done in a variety of ways. Steaming them appears to be the most popular method. You can also bake them at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
The dumplings get a crispy outer coating by pan-frying them in oil. You may also use your air fryer for cooking frozen dumplings.
When cooking dumplings in an air fryer, I recommend spraying or brushing them with olive oil—Preheat the oven to 390°F. The dumplings don’t need to be defrosted.
Don’t overcrowd the crisper basket or dish. These look best when applied in a single layer. So, if necessary, work in batches with your bag or carton of frozen dumplings.
It’s vital to remember that not all air fryers are created equal. Some of them are bigger than others. Some are a little hotter than others. So the first time you try this, you may need to keep an eye on your dumplings. Make a note of the temperature and timing, so you’re ready for your next air-fried dumplings lunch.
Credit: AirFryer Recipes
Ingredients Required in the Recipe
- Frozen dumplings: That’s right, this is the only item you’ll need, making this the most accessible side or party meal you’ll ever make. You don’t even have to defrost them beforehand! Any kind will suffice. Take it right out of the freezer!
- Lime juice: While this is an entirely optional ingredient, a squeeze of lime juice over the top after cooking is delicious!
- Sesame seeds: If you want to dress them up a little more, put sesame seeds on top to make beautiful potstickers.
- Soy sauce: Soy sauce, in my opinion, should be added after the dumplings have finished cooking to complete the dumpling experience. As a dipping sauce, of course!
What should I serve with my dumplings?
The air-fried dumplings might be eaten as a snack on their own. However, you would like to serve them alongside a light salad or slaw. Asian slaw with a variety of vegetables is one of my favorites.
If you don’t like the vegetables I’ve included in the recipe, you can substitute your own. Just aim for about 5 cups of vegetables and herbs. The slaw can be prepared ahead of time.
Potstickers in an Air Fryer with Your Favorite Dipping Sauce
- Soy sauce is an Asian condiment (any variety)
- sauce made with ginger
- paste of chilies
- Sauce with a sweet and sour flavor
- Sesame seed oil
How to Make Dumplings in an Air Fryer
- In your air fryer basket or its inner pot, arrange frozen potstickers in a single layer.
- In an air fryer, frozen dumplings are lined up.
- Preheat youroven to 375F and bake dumplings for 5 minutes. Cook more for another 5 minutes on the other side.
- When the cooking time hits, remove the dumplings from the air fryer with tongs or a spatula.
- Inside an air fryer, tongs flip a dumpling over.
- Serve with soy sauce on the side.