In every house, we all enjoy pizza. Especially the children. Pizza night, whether homemade or takeout, usually includes leftovers! We used to reheat pizza in the microwave before acquiring an air fryer since we didn’t want to turn on the oven for a few slices of pizza.
After the pizza has been reheated in the air fryer, we couldn’t imagine reheating our leftovers any other way, and here’s why: Here’s a simple and foolproof method for reheating pizza in an air fryer.
This method of reheating leftover pizza is suitable for practically all air fryer models and thin-crust and conventional crust pizza.
Using an air fryer for reheating a leftover pizza is a much faster and more convenient option than microwaving it. It’s quick and doesn’t make the pizza mushy like reheated pizza from the microwave does.
Can Pizza Be Reheated In An Air Fryer Perfectly?
Yes, you certainly can. We found the joys of reheating pizza in the Air Fryer, and leftovers became awesome as we knew them. Pita pizza, naan bread pizzas, takeout pizza, gluten-free pizzas, leftover chicken pizza, thin slices, store-purchased, and handmade pizza all are easy to reheat.
This is the most effective method and a game-changer. And there’s now a thing called crispy leftover pizza with gooey cheese.
Reheating leftover pizza in an air fryer is a terrific way to make perfect pizzas since it works quickly while producing a hot, flavorful, and crispy crust.
Inside the air fryer, heated air circulates, crisping the food without drying it out. So, Yes, you can reheat pizza in an air fryer, and it will turn out far better than a microwave or a convection oven. The best feature about an air fryer is that it functions almost identically to a traditional deep fryer.
If you use very little oil in specific food products, it permits the dish to become crispier without becoming dry or dull. For example, many people believe that leftover (overnight) pizza is spoiled, but it is not; you need to reheat it properly.
First and foremost, make sure that your pizza is edible. I know it sounds strange, but finding a pizza in your refrigerator a few days after ordering does not imply that it is fit to eat. It’s not edible, I’m afraid!
Also read about:
Why Will You Love Reheating Pizza In An Air Fryer?
Because the pizza comes out with a crispy crust and gooey center, just like it did when it was just cooked, it’s a simple and foolproof method for making delicious pizza. This method works in both basket and oven air fryers. It works for thin-crust pizzas as well as standard thick crust pizzas.
Important Reheating Instructions For Leftover Pizza
- Because thinner pizza bases reheat faster than thicker pizza bases, you’ll need to cook lighter pizzas for less time than thicker pizzas.
- Thinner pieces may take 3-4 minutes, while thicker slices may take 5-6 minutes, as a general estimate.
- Also, because individual pieces may vary in thickness, attempt to stack pieces of comparable thickness together. As a result, your pizza slices will cook at the same speed.
- You can always turn down the heat. For example, reduce the temperature by about 25 degrees for the next batch if your reheated pizza starts to burn before it warms completely.
- As soon as the slices are heated, remove them. After the pieces have been warmed through, please resist the temptation to leave them in the air fryer. They’ll continue to cook and eventually dry out or even burn.
So, from now on, we’ll be reheating pizza in the air fryer. Do you agree with me?
Reheating a Leftover Pizza
Reheating Pizza In An Air Fryer Basket
Reheating Pizza In An Air Fryer Oven
- It’s simple, friends! You reheat it in the same way as you would in an air fryer basket. The difference is that you can fit a lot more slices on the baking sheet this way.
- Just ensure to reheat the pizza pieces on a baking dish with plenty of space between them.
- Keep in mind that the higher the shelves in your air fryer oven, the faster the pizza will reheat.
Pizza Leftovers: How to store them?
- Get rid of the box! It’s probably too huge to fit in your fridge, to begin with.
- Put the rest of the slices in an airtight container lined with paper towels—the paper towels aid in preserving the pizza’s moisture.
- Wrap the leftover slices in aluminum foil for easier cleanup.
- This saves space and eliminates the need to clean dishes.
- You can store Pizza leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days.
How long does it take to reheat a pizza in an air fryer?
Air fried for 3 to 6 minutes at 400°F, or until crisped to your liking and the cheese has melted. Depending on your preferences, you can add more cheese or toppings. Then, using tongs, take the first pizza from the air fryer basket and top it with basil leaves. Our Bella 4 qt. air fryer took 5 minutes.
Is It Necessary For Me To Use Oil?
No, you don’t have to use oil to reheat your pizza…but you indeed may. Spray a little oil on your Air Fryer Basket or tray if you believe your pizza will stick. Alternatively, if you want a very crispy base, you can use this spray bottle to coat the pizza base in olive oil before cooking lightly.
Also read: These Blue Jean Chef Air Fryer Recipes stunned us!
Air Fryer Basket vs Reheating in an Air Fryer Oven
First and foremost, let us distinguish between the two models. There is a significant difference between them, even though they both work in the same way.
Pull-out trays are available in the air fryer oven, and a pull-out basket is available in the air fryer basket. You can make cookies, pancakes, and other baked items from scratch using the oven.
You’ll be able to make small batches of fries and other fried foods using the basket. The good news is that you can reheat pizza in both of them. The only difference is that you can reheat more in the oven (about 5) than in the basket (about five at a time) (around 3).
When using the air fryer oven to reheat food, placement is crucial. For example, do not place the pizza on the bottom or top shelves.
If you put the pizza on the bottom shelf, it will take significantly longer to warm. If you lay it on top, on the other hand, you risk scorching it and drying it out.
The middle shelf is your best bet for nicely reheated pizza. When it comes to an air fryer basket, you should use a medium to low heat setting. The pizza will turn dry if the temperature is too high. On the other hand, if you set it too low, it will take a long time.
The ideal temperature for my air fryer is 325 degrees Fahrenheit. However, not all air fryers are created equal. If this is your first time reheating pizza in your oven, you’ll have to play around with the temperature until it’s just right.